Tacos are a fun an easy meal. This recipe is a great meat-free version that my family enjoys.
1 Tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil (oil of your choice)
1 to 2 Garlic cloves
2 Tbsp Minced Onion
1 bag Your Favorite Veggie Crumbles, hamburger style (about 12 oz.)
1 Tbsp Chili powder
1 tsp Dried Oregano
½ tsp Ground Cumin
1-4oz. can Diced Green Chiles (drained)
½ tsp Cornstarch (optional)
Salt to taste
- Sauté onions in oil over medium heat until they are tender
- Add minced garlic and cook until aromatic. Try not to brown.
- Add frozen crumbles and stir. Reduce heat to low. Crumbles are only need to be warmed. Certain brands can go mushy if over cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Remove from heat once warmed.
- Use this as filing in crunchy taco shells or tortillas with lettuce, salsa, and/or any of your favorite taco fixings.